10 years Wax Poetics Magazine
14 February, 2012
In December of 2001, Wax Poetics debuted its first issue to a small following of record collectors and “beat diggers.” Ten years later, Wax Poetics has carved out a niche for itself in the world of music journalism and expanded its audience to a worldwide congregation of music lovers. Issue 50 marks our ten-year anniversary and does so with one of the most iconic musicians in the history of African American music, the one and only Prince.
There will be also a full redesign, making the magazine larger - 20h25cm. Also Wax Poetics will look a bit different on the newsstand, with a new mark making its debut in place of our old logo, but the magazine will continue to be a collectible objet d’art, something to be saved on your shelf as a musical reference manual, not recycled like other mags.
For the Wax Poetics ten-year anniversary and Issue 50 (Prince Issue), D?M-FunK (Stones Throw) creates an exclusive Prince DJ mix, including a new D?M-FunK track!
01. Prince & the Revolution – 17 Days (original version)
02. D?M-FunK – 17 Days (D-F Re-Freak)
03. Prince – Irresistible Bitch (Props Re-Edit)
04. Prince (featuring Andre Cymone & Pepe Willie) – One Man Jam
05. Prince – Wet Dream Cousin
06. Prince – Dirty Mind (1981 Live Version)
07. Prince – Soft & Wet (original version)
08. Prince – Ballad Of Dorothy Parker (D-F Extended Re-Edit)
09. Prince – Sticky Like Glue (Props Re-Edit)
10. Prince & the Revolution – All My Dreams
[wax poetics] [ magazine] [ 10 years] [ prince] [ issue 50] [ dam-funk] [ stones throw]
blog comments powered by Disqus